- To suggest new terms or request changes or updates to preexisting terms, submit a request form.
- Contact the Glossary Chief Editor or AMS staff.
- For information on citing and referencing the Glossary of Meteorology see the Citation page.
- Detailed information on the establishment of the Online Glossary’s editorial procedures can be found on the Glossary History page.
- The Preface to the Second Edition of the Glossary (2000) is available on the Glossary History page.
- If you are looking for the AMS e-book Glossary of Weather, Climate and Ocean, which is a textbook aimed at the K–12 level, it can be found in the AMS Education Bookstore. For further information on this textbook, please contact the AMS Education Program Director.
Existing Spanish-Language Dictionaries and Glossaries in the U.S.
(Provided by the AMS Latinx Committee)
- COMET Translation Resource Center, where the "COMET English-Spanish Glossary of Meteorology and Other Terms" is housed.
- NWS English to Spanish Dictionary
Disclaimer: Users will be directed outside American Meteorological Society domain, as these sources are not affiliated with our organization. Please note that these two reference materials are working documents and are updated throughout the year. There may be errors and inconsistencies within these two references. For any questions or to provide feedback, please contact the respective organization by visiting their webpage.